Monday, July 30, 2012

The 10th Iris Commandment

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors iris, or your Aunt's irises, or the ones that your fellow society member happend to grab before you saw it.... ha ha!

Everytime I go to my Auntie's house to help her dig Irises,  I want that one.. and that one....  (we try not to have the same irises, but then we also have different tastes) 
And when I ask her if I can have a piece, she sighs and says... "I don't know if I'm going to dig that one this year or not..."  ( But I want some! ) 
Sometimes I ask again later, and she'll say "Of course!  You can have anyone you want!"   ... must be the kind of mood she's in.  This year I covered my bases and just ordered what I wanted.
 'About Town' is the iris that I was coveting..  It's an older iris, but Oh SO ruffled!





I recently had a long-time friend and new iris lover come over and help me dig my irises.  She was very happy that I was willing to share whatever I had.   I could tell though... that she was thinking the same thing that I often think....  "gee... I'd like to have that one... I really want THAT one!"   So I told her flat out... "I know what you're thinking, because I think the same thing everytime I'm out helping someone dig."  
"If there's something you'd like to have, just say so."  &;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment